Convert Microsoft Access .XSD file to SQL table create statement

Here’s a quick-and-dirty XSLT script for transforming a Microsoft Access XML schema file into an SQL table create statement. Being quick and dirty, you need to edit the resulting statement, but it will get you most of the way there. Continue reading Convert Microsoft Access .XSD file to SQL table create statement

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditlinkedinmailFacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditlinkedinmail

Filter invalid characters from XMLReader input files

I just ran into a problem reading XML data exported from a Microsoft Access database. For whatever reason, Access has written VT (vertical tab) characters in the XML, which PHP’s XMLReader baulks at. To be able to handle that on each data load without requiring the user to edit their XML, I wrote a simple PHP stream filter that replaces each VT character with a LF (line feed). Continue reading Filter invalid characters from XMLReader input files

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditlinkedinmailFacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditlinkedinmail